Social Media Maven: Oil City News
Oil City News
Oil City News LLC, Wyoming’s largest independent, online-only news organization, is seeking a Social Media Maven to support our award-winning news platforms, readers and advertisers in Casper, Cheyenne, Gillette and the Big Horn Basin.
At Oil City News, Cap City News and County17.com, we’re passionate about community, collaboration and innovation. We specialize in hyperlocal coverage of the people, places and events that shape the communities we love. We believe that access to high-quality, up-to-the-minute news strengthens our communities, which is why we’re committed to providing accurate, fast and free journalism.
We’re poised for rapid growth, and we are currently seeking an enthusiastic PRODUCER to help us create content and increase community engagement, sponsor retention and revenue opportunities for our owned media platforms.
The perfect candidate for this job will be a creative writer, photographer or designer who is enthusiastic about promoting local experiences and community. You’ll be writing short articles, creating social media content, curating community content and repping our news brands in the communities we serve. You’ll also be responsible for putting together fun promotions and contests that increase reader engagement and revenue.
• Creates content for publication on Oil City News platforms including website, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and email newsletters
• Proactively reaches out to community sponsors to increase utilization of partner benefits such as promoted posts, job posts, event listings, etc.
• Supports Oil City News Community Partners by producing content on their behalf, including but not limited to articles, events listings and job postings
• Creates written and visual content as needed to support reader engagement and revenue initiatives
• Creates cool content for the Oil City News Instagram and Facebook accounts
• Develops programs designed to improved reader engagement and pageviews
• Develops programs designed to increase revenue from readers and sponsors
• Consistently attains program goals including program launch dates, engagement metrics and revenue targets
• Represents Oil City News at community events, trade shows and industry events
• Represents Oil City News in the community through business/civic organizations.
• Keeps timely contact with prospects through regular emails, mailings, phone calls, and appointments.
• Meets with the advertising sales team to keep them informed of new business opportunities gained from community contacts
• Maintains current job-related software and technical skills and notifies publisher if training, computer hardware/software upgrades or purchases are needed.
• Extensive social media content creation experience, specifically in Facebook and Instagram
• At least two years experience in communications, journalism, marketing, graphic design or a related field
• A positive attitude
• Familiarity with the Casper area
40-50k per year, depending on experience.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include copies of any narrative or visual content that you are particularly proud of. You don’t have to get fancy…screen caps or links will do! Please note that you MUST live in Wyoming to do this job properly!