Over 1 million readers this year!

Gillette to see warmer temps with rain, thunderstorm chances all week long

H/t Miss Bailey Knopp

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Unsettled weather is expected this week alongside warmer temperatures than last week.

The National Weather Service in Rapid City, South Dakota, has forecast a high of 75 today accompanied by sunny skies until later this afternoon, when there’s a 30% chance for showers and thunderstorms. There’ll be a 9 mph southwest breeze this morning before it turns to come from the north. That 30% chance for storms continues deep into the night and rises to 40% after midnight. Skies will remain mostly cloudy as the low falls to around 47.

Tuesday will kick off with a 50% chance for showers that will turn into a 50% chance for thunderstorms as the high reaches 59 degrees. Skies will remain mostly cloudy throughout the day and into the evening, which carries a 40% chance for thunderstorms as well. The forecast low is 42.

With a high of 61 forecast, Wednesday will see a continued 30% chance for rain showers throughout the day. Overnight, the low will fall to around 43. Skies should be partly cloudy, according to the forecast.

Thursday will bring warmer temps back with a high of 70 under mostly sunny skies to start. There’s a 20% chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms that will last through about midnight. The low will drop to around 45.

Friday may offer a break in the precipitation with a sunny, 70-degree day in the forecast. That will be followed by storm chances overnight and a low of 45.

More on the weather is available from the National Weather Service in Rapid City.

Related