Over 1 million readers this year!

City seeking volunteers for citizen advisory boards; applications due by Dec. 8

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Volunteers are needed to serve on four Citizen Advisory Boards, according to the City of Gillette. 

As of Nov. 10, positions are available on the Board of Examiners, Public Works/Utilities Advisory Committee, Regional Water Panel Joint Powers Board, and Campbell County Lodging Tax Joint Powers Board, per the city. 

The Board of Examiners meets monthly every second Tuesday and makes decisions based on policy contained in the city’s building ordinances. The board determines acceptable methods and materials in construction during the appeals process, reviews applications for contractor and individual trade applications and either approves or denies new and renewal licensing, per the city. 

The Lodging Tax Board meets on the third Tuesday of every month and decides how tax dollars accrued through a countywide lodging tax are spent. The board is comprised of individuals representing the City of Gillette, Campbell County, the Town of Wright and the tourism and travel industry, the city says. 

The Public Works/Utilities Advisory Committee advises the city’s public works director, utilities director and director of engineering and building as well as the Gillette City Council on matters pertaining to utilities, engineering and public works, according to the city. The board meets on the third Wednesday of each month. 

The Regional Water Panel meets quarterly and is comprised of seven appointed persons representing the city, county and Wyoming Water Development Commission. The panel, per the city, reviews system financing strategies, annual budgets and operations, and either accepts or rejects rates and charges as proposed. 

Applications for each board are available either online or in the Administration Office on the third floor of City Hall, 201 E. 5th St. Completed applications can be returned to City Hall in person or by email no later than Friday, Dec. 8 at 4 p.m., the city says.