On Monday, Nov. 13, you have the chance to eat pizza for a purpose!
Various Pizza Hut locations in in Gillette, Wyoming, are partnering with The Visitation and Advocacy Center for the Sixth Judicial District to raise money for this pivotal organization.
“Let Pizza Hut do the cooking for you!” a flyer from the VAC reads. “Use this online code or the digital/printed flyer and help us earn 20% of the proceeds.”
This is your chance to help raise money for one of Gillette’s most important services.
“Citizens of Gillette benefit from our organization in many ways,” the Visitation and Advocacy Center wrote. “VAC for the Sixth Judicial District provides services at no cost to any individual that needs them. The services that we provide are as follows:
- “Our Visitation Center provides a safe place for families to exchange their children for visitation. This allows for the children, as well as parents, to have a non-hostile environment while allowing the child/ren to be moved from one parent to the other for visitation. Families sometimes need to have monitored visits with their child/ren. At VAC we provide a monitored place that a non-custodial parent may come to visit their child. This process helps both the child, as well as the parent, with the reintegration process.
- “Our facility is open for the police department to conduct what is known as Forensic Interviews. When a child has been sexually, physically, emotionally abused, or has witnessed something; the child may need to be interviewed by the Police Department, in conjunction with the Department of Family Services. VAC allows for a child-friendly environment in which the interview may be conducted and recorded for evidence.
- “VAC for the Sixth Judicial District offers our facility to the County Attorney’s office and Guardian ad Litem’s office for children that will be required to testify. Children’s depositions may be recorded in lieu of having to be on the stand in front of their abuser.
- “Often our families are in financial distress; to help alleviate some of that, we offer assistance with what is known as a Pro Se Order. This allows families that are amicable about the custody agreement surrounding their children to submit documentation to the court without incurring substantial legal fees.
- “VAC for the sixth Judicial District is also an extension of the court system. Through our Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program we are assigned every child that is deemed abused or neglected in Campbell County. Our responsibility is to provide and supervise advocates for as many of these children as possible. These advocates provide a voice for their children throughout the court process.”
Additionally, the Visitation Center has provided 1,521 hours of supervised visitations and exchanges in the last year, and the CASA program has provided 83 children with an advocate this year. On Monday, Nov. 13, residents of Gillette have the opportunity to offer their support to this vital program, simply by ordering a pizza!
For more information about the Visitation and Advocacy Center for the Sixth Judicial District, visit their website.
PAID FOR BY THE VISITATION AND ADVOCACY CENTER FOR THE SIXTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization that paid for the article, and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of County 17, its employees or its publisher. Please fill out this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on County 17.