GILLETTE, Wyo. — Unsettled weather packing decent storm chances is on the way for Gillette this weekend, starting with a 30% chance for thunderstorms this afternoon.
Skies today should be partly sunny ahead of thunderstorm chances that are expected to pick up around 5 p.m., according to the National Weather Service in Rapid City, South Dakota. Today’s high should be near 75. Storm chances rise to 40% overnight as the mercury falls to around 50 degrees.
Friday and Saturday will see the highest storm chances as the bulk of unsettled weather pushes through northeast Wyoming. Thunderstorm chances increase to 60% and stay through Friday night and Saturday. Friday’s high is forecast at 69 degrees with an overnight low of 45. Saturday will be even cooler with a high of just 59. Overnight, the low will fall to 44 while storm chances drop to around 40%.
Cooler and unsettled weather moves in late this week into the weekend with chances for storms, some strong to severe, today and Friday. Conditions will dry out and warm up by the beginning of next week. #sdwx #wywx pic.twitter.com/bRmi0yBsZj — NWS Rapid City (@NWSRapidCity) September 21, 2023
The sun will come out on Sunday and warm temperatures return. Expect a high of 69 degrees with mostly sunny skies. Sunday night will see a low near 45 under partly cloudy skies.
The mercury is expected to climb to near 80 on Monday with bright, sunny skies, according to the forecast.