GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Tuesday, Sept. 12:
- At 8:14 a.m. to Sandcreek Court for an emergency medical response.
- At 8:36 a.m. to Interstate 90 and North Garner Lake Road for a large amount of crude oil that was spilled onto the roadway.
- At 10:08 a.m. to West 6th Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 11:31 a.m. to Apricot Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 11:36 a.m. to Butler Spaeth Road for an emergency medical response.
- At 11:53 a.m. to Richards Avenue for an emergency medical response.
- At 1:04 p.m. to West Lakeway Road for an emergency medical response.
- At 5:33 p.m. to Wagon Trail Street for a report of heavy smoke in the area. A controlled burn was located.
- At 5:43 p.m. to the intersection of Lakeway Road and 4-J Road for a motorcycle collision.
- At 7:09 p.m. to West 2nd Street for a fire alarm activation.
- At 11:36 p.m. to the 1200 block of Cattail Drive for a residential structure fire. Firefighters located a large fire in between the two residences that had spread to both homes. Firefighters placed the fire under control by 12:11 a.m., after it burned the exterior of both homes and extended into the attic space of one home. Numerous adults and children were home at the time of the fire but were able to safely evacuate without injury. The residents were able to reoccupy the home in the early morning hours. The fire was determined to have been caused by a cigarette that was discarded near a pile of wood and tires in between the homes. Eight firefighters and one chief responded and were assisted on scene by GPD and CCH EMS.
- At 11:50 p.m. to South Douglas Highway for an emergency medical response.
Year to date, the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 2,017 requests for service.