GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Sept. 3:
- At 10:02 a.m. to Cosner road for a grass fire. The fire was controlled at 57.5 acres and was ignited due to the mechanical failure of an electrical transformer.
- At 10:03 a.m. to West 6th Street for an activated fire alarm.
- At 11:31 a.m. to Twin Butte Drive for an emergency medical response.
- At 12:16 p.m. to Patrick Henrey Road for a controlled burn. The fire was in violation of the enacted restrictions, so it was extinguished.
- At 2:30 p.m. to West 6th Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 6:39 p.m. to 206 S. Brooks Ave. for a reported structure fire. Prior to the arrival of the fire department, residents attempted to put out a box and plastic cup that was on top a stove and accidentally started. Fire personnel finished extinguishing the fire and ventilated the structure of smoke.
- At 6:50 p.m. to North Highway 14/16 near the airport for a reported grass fire. Firefighters contained the fire to one-third of an acre. The fire was caused by a malfunction in an electrical transformer in a power pole.