GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Wednesday, Aug. 30:
- At 1:52 a.m. to the 100 block of East Highway 51 for two small fires burning along the roadside. A passerby was able to contain the fires and firefighters ensured that the fires that totaled less than 1/10th acre were fully extinguished.
- At 2:34 a.m. to Crane Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 2:41 a.m. to Country Club Road for an emergency medical response.
- At 5:51 a.m. to Streamside Drive for a vehicle vs. deer collision.
- At 8:27 a.m. to Rafter Star Road for a grass fire. The fire was contained at 80 acres and was caused by an unattended burn pit. Thirteen firefighters and one chief from Campbell County Fire Department responded to the call as well as firefighters from the United States Forest Service and resources from Campbell County Road and Bridge.
- At 8:54 a.m. to 8th Street for an activated fire alarm.
- At 11:33 a.m. to Highway 51 for an emergency medical response.
- At 3:39 p.m. to South Douglas Highway for a two-vehicle collision.
- At 9:39 p.m. to Aerial Avenue for an emergency medical response.
- At 11:36 p.m. to the 900 block of West Warlow Drive for a damaged natural gas meter that was leaking. Firefighters stopped the leak with the assistance of Black Hills Energy.
Year to date, the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 1,909 requests for service.