GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Saturday, March 25, and Sunday, March 26:
March 25, 2023
- At 10:17 a.m. to the 100 block of American Road for a controlled burn that escaped containment and extended to a large pile of tires and several vehicles in the area. Three chiefs and 17 firefighters responded to the scene. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries because of the fire.
- At 4:05 p.m. to the 6600 block of North Highway 14-16 for a vehicle fire. Firefighters determined that the cause of the fire was due to an engine backfiring.
- At 4:18 p.m. to West 4th Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 7:29 p.m. to West 2nd Street for an automatic fire alarm activation.
- At 10:04 p.m. to Four J Road for an automatic fire alarm activation.
- At 11:45 p.m. to mile marker 145 on Interstate 90 for a single vehicle rollover.
March 26, 2023
- At 2:26 a.m. to Mecent Avenue for an emergency medical response.
- At 10:31 a.m. to mile marker 132 on Interstate 90 for a single vehicle collision.
- At 10:41 a.m. to East Boxelder Road for an emergency medical response.
- At 07:01 p.m. to the 100 block of 4J Road for an activated fire alarm.
Year to date, the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 666 requests for service.