GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Tuesday, Feb. 7:
- At 12:58 a.m. to the Gray Road for the report of a vehicle fire. It was found that a set of dual wheels broke free from a semi-truck on Interstate 90 and caught on fire. Firefighters extinguished the burning tires.
- At 7:45 a.m. to South Douglas Highway for a report of a large amount of diesel that had leaked from a vehicle in a parking lot. Firefighters contained the diesel.
- At 8:42 a.m. to Raymond Street for an emergency medical response.
- At 9:21 a.m. to Hendrich Court for an emergency medical response.
- At 11:51 a.m. to Mercantile Drive for an emergency medical response.
- At 3:03 p.m. to Dogwood Avenue for an emergency medical response.
- At 3:41 p.m. to the 800 block of East 7th Street for a report of an electrical box that was smoking. The box had been hit by a vehicle which caused it to arc and smoke for a short time prior to our arrival. The scene was turned over to City Electric.
- At 4:34 p.m. to the 2700 block of South Douglas Highway for a large dumpster that was on fire. Upon arrival, firefighters extinguished the burning contents of the dumpster. The cause of the fire is undetermined.
- At 5:19 p.m. to Bobolink Court for a report of a fire in a yard. Firefighters located a resident with an authorized contained fire. The resident was allowed to continue burning.
- At 5:29 p.m. to East Walnut Street for an emergency medical response.
Year to date the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 291 requests for service.