GILLETTE, Wyo. — The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents on Tuesday, Jan. 24:
- At 3:45 a.m. to South Emerson Avenue for an emergency medical response.
- At 1:01 p.m. to Highway 450 4.5 miles from Highway 59 for a possible oil site fire. Firefighters found a ground flare that was producing black smoke but otherwise burning normally.
- At 2:13 p.m. to Almon Drive for an emergency medical response.
- At 4:02 p.m. to Highway 387 south of milepost 127 for a report of black smoke. Nothing was found other than a normal oilfield flare.
- At 4:12 p.m. to South Burma Avenue for an activated fire alarm.
- At 6:59 p.m. to West Second Street for an activated fire alarm.
- At 8:40 p.m. to the 4600 block of East Collins Road for a report of a fire. An authorized contained fire was located.
Year to date, the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 182 requests for service.