The premier event in college rodeo is on the horizon.
The College National Finals Rodeo gets going Sunday in Casper at the Ford Wyoming Center, where America’s best in college rodeo compete for glory on its grandest stage over the course of a week of competition.
As per usual at the rodeo, a heavy Wyoming contingent will feature in numerous events, with plenty of college-aged cowboys and cowgirls vying for silverware in front of thousands in attendance.
A roster listing the hometowns of rodeo athletes was not available as of this writing. If a participant is from Wyoming but is not listed below — such as if they’re on a team at a non-Wyoming school — please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for them to feature on this list.
Here’s the the list of the in-state schools — and their entrants — to compete at the national finals:
Casper College (Casper)
- Quinten Taylor (Saddle bronc)
- Myles Carlson (Bareback riding)
- Linkyn Petersek (Tie down roping)
- Kellan Johnson, Carson Johnson, Nevada Berquist, Braden Brost, Trae Smith (Team roping)
- Kady Locke (Barrel racing)
Eastern Wyoming College (Torrington)
- Karissa Rayhill (Barrel racing, goat tying)
Gillette College (Gillette)
- Myles Kenzy (Tie down roping)
- Bodie Mattson (Team roping)
- Ellie Bard (Barrel racing)
- Talli Pokorny, Emily Knust (Breakaway roping)
- Emily Knust (Goat tying)
Laramie County Community College (Cheyenne)
- Sage Miller (Saddle bronc)
- Stefan Tonita (Bull riding)
- Bernard Girard (Steer wrestling)
- Payton Feyder, Hayden Madsen (Breakaway roping)
Sheridan College (Sheridan)
- Coby Johnson (Bull riding)
University of Wyoming (Laramie)
- Garrett Uptain (Saddle bronc, bull riding)
- Donny Proffit, Brice Patterson (Bareback riding)
- Chadron Coffield (Tie down roping)
- Brice Patterson, Austin Hurlburt, Cam Jensen (Steer wrestling)
- Faith Hoffman, Riata Day, Kelsey Lensegrav, Taylour Latham (Goat tying)