GILLETTE, Wyo.— Officers saved a man’s life Saturday evening after they responded to a report of him overdosing on fentanyl in a fast-food parking lot, a Gillette police official said Monday.
Gillette police were dispatched to the McDonald’s parking lot on Skyline Drive at approximately 9 p.m. on April 2 for the report of a 31-year-old male not breathing, said Brent Wasson, Gillette deputy chief of police.
When they arrived, a 35-year-old female told them that the male had smoked fentanyl in a 1998 Chevrolet and was overdosing, Wasson said, adding that officers administered at least one dose of Narcan and began CPR until emergency medical services arrived and transported the male to Campbell County Health, Wasson said.
During a consent search of the Chevrolet, officers reportedly only located paraphernalia inside the vehicle. The female, however, was found to have an active arrest warrant for failing to pay fines for no insurance and larceny.
She was transported to the Campbell County Detention Center where officers allegedly located several fentanyl pills in her phone case, Wasson said.
The 35-year-old female was charged with possession of a controlled substance and the male was cited for using a controlled substance, per Wasson.