To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- Dennis Claude Lawrence, 75, passed away on November 20, 2021, surrounded by his family. He was born on November 15, 1946 in Thermopolis, WY to Claude Frederick “Bud” and Marjorie Anna (Scholz) Lawrence, the fourth of seven children. He grew up in Thermopolis, attending school both there and in Shoshoni. He was a standout athlete in many ...Continue reading
- Connie Louise Pond, 62, of Gillette, Wyoming gained her angel wings Monday, November 22, 2021. Connie Was born on December 28, 1958 in Casper, Wyoming to William Dean Powell and Virginia Lee Powell. She spent her childhood split between Illinois and Wyoming. She married at an early age and had two daughters, Melissa and Crystal. She remarried Michael ...Continue reading
- Graveside service for Robert Wagner, 56, of Gillette, will be at 1:00 p.m., Friday, December 3, 2021 at Mt. Pisgah Cemetery. Robert passed away November 23, 2021 at Wyoming Medical Center, Casper, WY from injuries of an auto accident. Robert was born July 2, 1965 in Peoria, IL. He was raised and educated in East Peoria, IL ...Continue reading
- Funeral services for Dennis Steckelberg will be held at 3:00 p.m., Thursday, December 2, 2021 at Walker Funeral Home with visitation starting at 2:00 p.m. Interment will take place Saturday, December 4, 2021 in Chamberlain, SD at Riverview Cemetery. Dennis (Denny) Wayne Steckelberg passed away on November 25, 2021 at the age of 75 after a ...Continue reading
- Memorial service for David Lester Pruss will be held at 2:00 p.m., Friday, December 3, 2021 at Gillette Memorial Chapel with Pastor Ernie Bishop officiating. David Pruss passed away November 26, 2021 at The Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center, after a long battle of cancer. David was born on April 21, 1940 in Buffalo, Wyoming the ...Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. County 17 obits can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos that can be sent to email@example.com.