The City of Gillette’s Yard Waste drop-off facility is preparing for its seasonal closure beginning next week. Residents are urged to use the finals days to gather and dispose of their fall trimmings.
The facility on Garner Lake Road will close for the season at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 24. for all drop offs.
The final day for curbside yard waste pickup will be a week later, Tuesday, Nov. 30. Depending on the day of residents’ regular neighborhood solid waste collection, the last day for yard waste pickup may fall during the previous week.
Drop off materials collected curbside are to be taken to the Yard Waste Drop-Off site which is adjacent to the Waste Water Treatment Plant located at 3101 S. Garner Lake Road. Participants in the Yard Waste program are asked to transport tree trimmings of more than 2 inches in diameter and in excess of 36 inches in length as well as other large bulky items to the facility before the closing date.
There is never a fee to dispose of materials at the Yard Waste facility. Citizens who miss the deadline or need more time can also take yard waste to the Campbell County Landfill but there is a fee per ton from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Yard Waste drop-off center guidelines:
- Customers are responsible for unloading their vehicles
- Yard waste only; no trash
- Place materials in their designated areas
- Place plastic bags in one of the dumpsters located on-site
- No sod, dirt, sand or stones
- Exercise caution when driving in the drop-off center
- Notify attendant if load contains pine beetles.