To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- April 30, 2021Pattie Stearman, 89, passed away unexpectedly April 24, 2021. She presently was living at Legacy Living Center. Prior to that, she was living with her daughter, Kathy Stearman, Gillette, WY. Pat was born to Virgie and Charlie Hoppe on September 27, 1931, in Hobbs, New Mexico and moved to Humphreys, OK at the age of 11. She graduated ...Continue reading
- April 30, 2021Frances Alene (Shipp) Farwell, 73, of Gillette Wy, passed away April 14, 2021, after a long battle with cancer. Frances was born to Francis and Dorothy Shipp on December 26, 1947, in Southgate, California. She attended school in Whittier, California, and graduated high school from Whittier High School. She worked in production/manufacturing companies throughout her life. Frances ...Continue reading
- April 28, 2021Loving mother and grandmother, Shirley Mae Reece, 89, passed away peacefully at the Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center on April 25, 2021, due to natural causes. She was born to Joseph Anthony Silva and Rose Ann Fostino on October 17, 1931, in San Jose, CA. Shirley loved to read, enjoyed visiting and playing at local casinos, ...Continue reading
- April 28, 2021Dona Maria (Brandenburg) Roush was born in Lance Creek, Wyoming, on September 3, 1937. She was the fifth of six children born to Orville and Cynthia (Mosby) Brandenburg. The family followed oilfield employment throughout the Western states and settled in Newcastle, WY where Dona attended high school. She married Earl James Pellant and their daughter, ...Continue reading
- April 27, 2021Aase H. Riley, 78, passed away in Gillette, WY on October 15, 2020. Aase was born on April 23, 1942 to Paul Christian and Ellen Bernice (Garaas) Bommen in Kongsberg, Norway. She came to America at the age of five and became an American citizen. Aase grew up and graduated high school in Grenora, ND in 1960. ...Continue reading
- April 26, 2021Sheldon Scott Cruse, 55, of Gillette, died at his home on April 21, 2021. Sheldon was born on August 18, 1965, to Charles and Peggy Cruse. The family moved around, living in Fort Thompson, SD, Aberdeen, SD, Denver, CO, and Thermopolis, WY. The family settled in Barnard, SD and Sheldon graduated from Frederick High School ...Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. County 17 obits can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos that can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.