To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- March 26, 2021Marilyn Joan Calvert, 89, of Gillette, WY, passed away peacefully on March 25, 2021 at The Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center. Marilyn was born on January 29, 1932 in Fargo, ND to Frances (McLaren) and Earl Hoffa. She graduated from Fargo High School in 1950 and went on to Nurse’s Training in Williston, ND and ...Continue reading
- March 26, 2021Donald William Streuber,97, of Gillette, WY, passed away on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center. Donald was born on May 29, 1923, in Winona, Minnesota. He was the son of William and Florence (Schreibar) Streuber. Donald attended school in Winona. After graduation, he served in the U.S. Army. He served his country ...Continue reading
- March 25, 2021Our beautiful mom, Georgia Evelyn Japp, passed away on Monday, March 22, 2021. Mom fought a courageous fight against cancer for the past 10 months; she passed away at her home surrounded by her family. Georgia was born July 9, 1942, in Sundance, Wyoming to C.K. “Smokey” Japp and Wilma L. (Trail) Japp. Georgia graduated high ...Continue reading
- March 24, 2021Debby Anne (Cahill) Lawrence was born on March 3, 1957, in Milwaukee, WI. She was the second child to Edward George Cahill and Katherine Lyon Cahill. She moved with her mother, father, and sister to Convent Station, NJ where she attended Bayley-Ellard High School and graduated in 1975. She then attended the University of Scranton ...Continue reading
- March 23, 2021Lifetime resident of Campbell County, Michael Schlautmann passed away at the age of 57, surrounded by family, on Friday, March 19, 2021. Michael was born on April 28, 1963, in Gillette, WY to Albert W. Schlautmann and Mary E. (Cohee) Schlautmann. Michael attended Campbell County High School in the graduating class of 1981. Michael worked on ...Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. County 17 obits can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos that can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.