(Gillette, Wyo.) To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- October 23, 2020John “Pappy” Norfolk, 72, of Gillette, Wyoming, passed away Sunday, October 18, 2020, at Campbell County Health, due to heart failure. John was born September 7, 1948 to William “Ed” and Anna (Audap) Norfolk in Gillette, Wyoming. Pappy was raised 40 miles north of Gillette on the family ranch on the Little Powder River. Growing up, ...Continue reading
- October 23, 2020Joseph A. Slattery, Jr. was born on April 20, 1938, in Rock Springs, WY, to Joseph A. and Caroline (Hicks) Slattery. Joe was the oldest of nine and he and his siblings spent their childhood near the Wyodak Mine, later moving to their grandparent’s homestead on the Sunnyslope Road east of Rozet, WY. They attended Rozet ...Continue reading
- October 23, 2020Germain “Geri” K. Cebulla, 76, of Gillette, WY, passed away at home on October 18, 2020 of natural causes. She was the wife of Joseph Cebulla; they shared 52 wonderful years of marriage together. Geri was born November 2, 1943 in Springfield, Minnesota, the daughter of Erick and Bessie (Dittbenner) Arndt. Geri worked for Kerr McGee-Jacobs ...Continue reading
- October 22, 2020Debbie Lynn Rhoades, 61, of Gillette, Wyoming, passed away on Monday, September 28, 2020. She was born on November 18, 1958 in Gettysburg, South Dakota to Kenneth and Joyce (Tennant) Archer. Debbie grew up on the family farm in South Dakota, attending a one room country school. She became a CNA and worked through high ...Continue reading
- October 21, 2020Gerald Vest, 95, went to be with the Lord Sunday, October 18, 2020, while he was surrounded by the love of family in his home. Gerald was born in Claredon, TX on May 4, 1925 to Mr. and Mrs. Roy Vest. He had two brothers (Ray and Bill) and one sister (Mac Alou). Gerald met the ...Continue reading
- October 19, 2020Helen Marguerite Barnette passed away Friday, October 16, 2020, at Campbell County Health of complications from COPD. She was 84 years young. Helen was born July 31, 1936, to Ronald Henry and Helen Margaret Gover at her Grandpa Saunders’ house in Richland, Oregon. Helen grew up on a ranch in Haines, Oregon. She was the ...Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. County 17 obits can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos that can be sent to email@example.com.