To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community.
Recent passings include:
- June 17, 2020Dave Craig was born on June 5, 1947, in Clovis, New Mexico. Dave was 72 years old when he passed away after a horse incident that took place at his home on May 18. Dave was born to Wanda and John Craig in Clovis, New Mexico; however, he spent most of his childhood in Las Vegas, ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Richard Thompson was born May 1, 1933, in Butte, Montana to Thomas and Gladys Thompson and was the fourth child of six. Richard died the morning of May 7, at 87 years old in Gillette. He began working at the age of 14 at the Butte Motor Company and went on to work as a diesel ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Wayne Kenneth Hendrickson was born in Deadwood on October 5, 1932 to Arthur B. and Edith M. Hendrickson. He departed this world on May 23, 2020 at the Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center in Gillette, WY. Wayne grew up in Belle Fource, South Dakota where he received his GED Degree in from the South Dakota School ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Russell Lee Smith was born in 1942 and passed away Sunday, May 24 at The Legacy Living and Rehabilitation Center in Gillette. He is survived by wife Linda, daughter Barbara Goldade and her fiancé Jason, stepdaughter Jennifer Cranston, grandchildren, Rebecca, Andrew and Kelsey, along with six great-grandchildren all from Aberdeen, SD and two step-granddaughters of Moorcroft, ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Clarice Sorlien Bargmann was born to Henry and Carla Sorlien on July 8, 1942 in Chico, California. She passed away in her home on May 20, 2020. Clarice was a loving soul who baked delicious deserts and enjoyed reading. If she wasn’t in the kitchen or sitting with her nose in a book, she could easily ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Dean L. Marrington was born December 5, 1926 and departed the earth from his home on Thursday, May 20 due to natural causes. At 17 years old, Dean entered the Navy before being was honorably discharged in 1945 and returning home in time to finish his senior year of high school. Upon enlisting in the Navy, ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Dale Alan Hochhalter was born on August 17, 1961 in Bismarck, ND to Violet (Gehring) and Arthur Hochhalter. At age 58, he passed away on Tuesday, May 19 at his home in Gillette, WY. Dale attended country school with his siblings in North Dakota until the family moved to Wyoming in 1971; where he attended Campbell ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Robert “Bob” E Korthaus was born on April 2, 1925 in Hot Springs, SD to Emil and Lenora (Parker) Korthaus. Bob passed away in his Help for Hospice Home on June 1, at the age 95. Bob completed his schooling and graduated from Hill City, SD. After graduation Bob joined the U.S. Navy and proudly served ...Continue reading
- June 17, 2020Paul E. Borring Jr. was born on October 4, 1992 in Gillette, WY to Paul E. Borring Sr. and Samantha Osborne. On Tuesday, June 2 Paul lost his life suddenly and unexpectedly in a roll-over car accident on HWY 59. Paul was raised by his father Paul and his mother Stephanie Keller. No matter what, Paul ...Continue reading
Submissions are free, and can be sent to County 17 at email@example.com.