The Wyoming Game and Fish Department has issued the following spring event and meeting cancellations per a March 17 release.
All Game and Fish season setting meetings will move to an online forum. Participants will be able to watch recorded videos that address:
- Chapter 2, General Hunting Regulation
- Chapter 5, Antelope Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 6, Deer Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 7, Elk Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 8, Moose Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 9, Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 11, Upland Game Bird and Small Game Hunting Seasons
- Chapter 14, Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons and Light Goose Conservation Order
- Chapter 15, Wild Bison Recreational Hunting Season
- Chapter 20, Fall and Spring Wild Turkey Hunting Seasons
Residents will be able to watch the Public Meetings online, beginning on Thursday, March 26, when videos are posted. The public comment period, which is currently open, will close at 5 p.m. on April 3.
At this time, the Lander Regional Office is closed to the public and residents are asked to contact field employees for questions and additional information. All other Wyoming Game and Fish offices and facilities will remain open.
Below is a list of additional cancellations.
- The Wyoming Outdoor Weekend, May 7-9, in Lander is cancelled.
- Hunter education courses are suspended for in-person classes through the month of April. For questions, please contact Katie Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 777-4542.
- The 2021 Conservation Stamp Art Show reception on April 10 in Cheyenne has been cancelled. A panel of judges will still review submissions and select winners. For questions contact Margaret James at email@example.com or (307) 777-4591.
- Sage-grouse local working group meetings will be moved online or cancelled. The Northeast meeting on March 17 will be by phone. Southcentral on March 19 and Southeast on March 27 are also cancelled. For questions contact Leslie Schreiber at (307) 527-7125.
- All aquatic invasive species trainings for the public are cancelled for the spring. For questions contact Josh Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 721-1374.
Look for further scheduling updates and cancellations from WGFD online at https://wgfd.wyo.gov/About-Us/COVID-19-Response.