(Gillette, Wyo.) To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- January 23, 2020Freeman “Dean” Turley was born on February 11, 1940 in Cody, WY to Freeman and Alice (Riesland) Turley. While he grew up in Cody, the family moved several times. At 17, he joined the US Airforce where he traveled to many countries, advanced to the rank of Staff Sargent, and was honorably discharged after 20 ...Continue reading
- January 23, 2020Wayne Esquibel, 73, passed away at his home on January 21, 2020. He was born on October 30, 1946 to Delfido and Maxine (Turner) Esquibel in Colorado Springs, Colorado. As a young man, Wayne grew up in the Laramie and Rock River area and graduated from Rock River High School. He enlisted in the US Navy, ...Continue reading
- January 22, 2020Nyla Jean Kellar was called to the Lord on January 20, 2020 surrounded by her family. She was born March 16, 1933 in Williston, ND to Clifford and Alma Jane (Zimmerman) Stedem. In 1951, she married Henry Delany and together they had eight children. Sadly, Henry passed in 1970. In 1974, she married Keith Kellar and they ...Continue reading
- January 22, 2020Samuel “Sam” Schwarze passed away December 23, 2019 at his home in Gillette, WY of natural causes. Sam was born in Idaho Falls, Idaho on January 17, 1959. He loved the time he spent on his farm. He is preceded in death by his parents, Weston and Violet Schwarze. Sam is survived by four sisters, Debbie Balich, ...Continue reading
- January 21, 2020Claude Clive Baumann, 76, passed away January 15, 2020 at his home in Gillette, WY. Claude was born September 30, 1943 in Eureka, SD to Wilbert and Florence (Merkel) Baumann. He grew up and attended school in Wishek, ND. After graduation, he went to Wapeton State School of Science and received a trade degree. Claude married Mavis ...Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. Obituaries on County 17 can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos (which should be submitted along with the obituary). Submissions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.