Obituary Summary for the Week of Jan. 13
(Gillette, Wyo.) To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- January 17, 2020 Kerry Wagner, 69, passed away Thursday, January 16, 2020 at Close to Home Hospice from liver disease. Kerry Dennis Wagner was born on September 22, 1950 in Wheatland, Wyoming. He graduated from Wheatland High School in May of 1970. Shortly after graduation, Kerry enlisted in the United States Army, on April 1, 1972 and served for ... Continue reading
- January 17, 2020 Nikkie L. Minchow-Reid 44, passed away on January 11, 2020 from an extended illness. She is survived by her two daughters, Kelcey Minchow and Mikenze Reid; parents, Richard and Laurie Minchow; and brother, Cody Minchow. Memorials and condolences may be sent in care of Walker Funeral Home, 410 Medical Arts Court, Gillette, WY 82716. Condolences may also ... Continue reading
- January 15, 2020 Frank Thallas, Jr., 63, passed away Saturday, January 11, 2020, at Campbell County Health from heart related symptoms. Frank was a proud Marine and volunteer firefighter, and a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, son, and brother. His grandchildren were his joy. He loved serving his family, church, and community; he loved travelling, working with his hands, the ... Continue reading
- January 14, 2020 Melvin L. Curtis, 73, of Casper, Wyoming, went to heaven on January 6, 2020 after a courageous battle with cancer. He was born in Wall, South Dakota on February 22, 1946, to Harold and Stella Curtis. As a boy he grew up in Milesville, South Dakota. Melvin married Carole Sorlie in Deadwood, South Dakota in 1964 ... Continue reading
- January 13, 2020 Doug Jesse Hyde was born on August 3, 1934 and went to be with his Lord, January 10, 2020. Doug had been a member of the Gillette community for the last 40 years. His family was originally from Onida, NY. His grandfather, Charles H. Agar, with a group of men, came to the west looking for ... Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. Obituaries on County 17 can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos (which should be submitted along with the obituary). Submissions can be forwarded to email@example.com.