It’s almost the new year, friends! County 17 News would like to encourage you to be kind to yourself going into the new year. Ashley McCrae, community prevention specialist in Campbell County, has compiled seven tips to help you stay balanced and level.
- Be self-care aware: stay hydrated, work out, and remember to relax.
- Declutter your living space, workspace, and life.
- Learn different techniques for handling stress, whether it be through meditation, talking, or breathing techniques.
- Set realistic goals in your personal and professional life.
- Be gentle with yourself. Allow room for unexpected delays or derailments in all areas of life.
- Avoid or limit substance intake or abuse.
- Talk to someone, including a counselor or a friend, even when things are good, but especially when times are bad.