Knowing Your Health Numbers Are Half the Health Battle
Did you know that regular blood testing is one of the most important ways to keep track of your overall health?
As the old saying goes knowledge is power, and in Campbell County, our community is lucky to have Campbell County Health Wellness, which offers daily health screenings to make it easy and affordable to have your blood checked regularly.
Some of the benefits of having your blood drawn and analyzed annually include:
· Monitoring your blood sugars that relate to diabetes
· Knowing your thyroid function can help to evaluate your metabolic function, and relates to many of your body’s systems
· Evaluating your cholesterol regularly helps to assess your risk of heart disease and stroke
· If you take medications regularly, it can be wise to monitor your kidney and liver functions
· Knowing if you are deficient in minerals like iron or calcium can lead to prevention of osteoporosis, anemia and even help you to improve your overall energy
All this information and more can be gained by having a simple blood draw at Wellness!
Essential screenings you should consider include:
· Wellness Panel: $30
· CBC (complete blood count): $15
· Hemoglobin A1C: $25
· Thyroid Function Panel: $30
· Vitamin D: $35
Starting Nov. 4, Wellness will extend their screening hours to Monday-Thursday from 6 a.m. to noon, and Friday from 6 – 11 a.m. at 1901 Energy Ct., Suite 125, located behind Wendy’s in Gillette.
And, for Wright residents, these screenings are also available at the Wright Clinic, 500 Latigo Drive, Monday-Friday from 8 – 11 a.m., with no appointment required. Use the My Health Home patient portal and get access to most test results in less than 48 hours.
For more information about the blood tests and health screenings available at Wellness, call (307) 688-8051 or visit www.cchwyo.org/screen.