Ranch Hand Needed
Did you grow up on a ranch, leave for the mines of Campbell County, and now find yourself looking for the ranch life again?
CJR Ranch, LLC, is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team. We would like someone who has at least two years of verifiable ranch experience. Must be willing and able to fix fence, work with cattle, operate equipment in a safe manner, and be capable and skilled in general maintenance, welding, doctoring cattle, etc.
Job Title: Ranch Hand
Employer: CJR Ranch, LLC
Salary: Very Competitive, DOE
Room & Board: Housing, Utilities, and Beef
Phone: (406) 951-0486
Family-owned ranching group in search of a full-time, experienced, and mature ranch hand to join our team. We are seeking only serious applicants looking to develop a long-term relationship with the property and the company. We currently have three employees at other locations that have been with us over thirty years, two for over twenty years, two for over ten years, and two others just under ten years.
Serious applicants who desire to build a life, raise a family, and make a long-term commitment to an employer will appreciate our compensation package. If you’re not looking for long-term employment, do not apply. We have been developing long-term relationships with our employees since homesteading our first property in Wyoming in 1904.
We are seeking a full-time employee for our Montana cattle ranch. This operation needs an employee who is honest, self-motivated, and willing to be part of a team.
Applicants should know we are located between Broadus, MT, and Miles City, MT, so the job may not be a fit for everyone. Families with children will appreciate the rural community elementary school that is very close to the ranch.
- Calving, doctoring, feeding, and other duties associated with cattle operations
- Build and maintain fence
- Operate and maintain equipment (pickups, four-wheelers, tractors, and related equipment)
- Check wells and water and maintain pipelines and other water systems
- Weed spraying
- Welding (not a requirement, but beneficial)
- Other ranch tasks as necessary or assigned
- Experience calving heifers
- Understanding of low stress cattle handling and desire to implement BQA best practices
- Ability to handle cattle with four-wheelers
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
For more information, call (406) 951-0486 or email Janet Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.