No Injuries Reported in Saturday Morning Structure Fire
A 29-year-old female and her two dogs were displaced as a result of a structure fire at her residence on Hannum Road on May 11 around 4:30 a.m. No injuries were reported in the incident.
According to a release from the Campbell County Fire Department, smoke and flames were visible from a portion of the roof of the mobile home when fire crews arrived. Firefighters were able to quickly contain and extinguish the fire.
Captain Kate Eischeid said the fire was unintentional, sparked by a propane heater that was being used in the master bedroom. The majority of the fire was contained to the void space between the ceiling and roof above the bedroom.
There were no working smoke detectors in the home. However, the female was awakened by the smoke and was able to exit the residence. Her two dogs, which were outside when the fire began, were both unharmed.
Eischeid said the house suffered moderate interior damage as a result of the fire but would be considered repairable. However, the owner of the mobile home park said the trailer was going to be moved from its current location.