Obituary Summary for the Week of April 7
(Gillette, Wyo.) To honor the memories of our loved ones who have passed on, County 17 offers free obituary services to the community. Recent passings include:
- April 15, 2019 Will Langley, 80, passed away April 10, 2019, in Casper, Wyoming. Will was born July 26, 1938, in Snyder, Colorado, and raised in Fort Morgan, Colorado. In 1957, he married the “woman of his dreams,” Sherrill Lee (Lutz) Langley. In 1967, the couple moved their young family to Wyoming. Will was known for his infectious laughter. He ... Continue reading
- April 12, 2019 A Celebration of Life for Jodi Berens, 54, will be held at 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at Walker Funeral Home with Chaplain Donny Edwards officiating. After battling cancer, Jodi Berens, died April 10, 2019. Jodi Christine (Elkins) Berens was born on Oct. 12, 1964, in Whitefish, Montana, to Edwin and Evelyn Elkins. She grew up ... Continue reading
- April 9, 2019 The funeral service for Dreama Richmond will be held at 10 a.m., Friday, April 12, 2019, at Living Rock Church with Pastor Mark Stevens officiating; interment to follow at Mt. Pisgah Cemetery. Visitation will take place one hour prior to the service at the church. Dreama Richmond, 67, passed away unexpectedly Friday, April 5, 2019. While ... Continue reading
- April 9, 2019 A memorial service for Travis Snell will be held at 11 a.m., Wednesday, April 10, 2019, at Gillette Memorial Chapel with Pastor Ernie Bishop officiating; inurnment to follow at Mt. Pisgah Cemetery. Travis Leroy Snell, 46, of Gillette, Wyoming, passed away Friday, April 5, 2019, at Campbell County Memorial Hospital due to a heart attack. Travis was ... Continue reading
- April 8, 2019 Leon Loring Oedekoven passed away peacefully at his home in Recluse, Wyoming, surrounded by family on April 7, 2019, after a short battle with cancer. He was born to Vincent Joseph and Laura Anna (Amende) Oedekoven on April 1, 1928, in Gillette, Wyoming. Leon attended Recluse School and completed 10th grade in Gillette. He was a member of ... Continue reading
We know that it is difficult to sum the life of a loved one into a few short paragraphs and, in consideration of this difficulty and the desire to pay tribute to those who pass, it is our pleasure to accept submissions of any reasonable length. Obituaries on County 17 can also include up to five (5) high-resolution photos (which should be submitted along with the obituary). Submissions can be forwarded to email@example.com.