Let it Snow: Winter Storm to Impact Gillette
Gillette will be covered with a blanket of white by Saturday evening with a winter storm expected to impact the area beginning this afternoon.
Forecasts from the National Weather Service (NWS) in Rapid City, South Dakota, are calling for total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches by 5 p.m. March 9.
Snow and freezing rain will develop across northeast Wyoming this afternoon and will change to all snow this evening.
Snow will heavy at times through the night and into Saturday morning, according to the NWS.
Saturday, winds will likely pick up resulting in hazardous travel conditions with blowing and drifting snow.
Residents travelling should plan on slippery road conditions and significantly reduced visibility.
The NWS advises that the snow is expected to cease by Saturday night.
City Administrator Patrick Davidson has declared a Level 1 snow emergency effective at noon Friday, March 8.
Residents need to ensure their vehicles are removed from designated Snow Emergency routes no later than 4 p.m.
The city will announce when the Level 1 snow emergency is over.
Designated Snow Emergency Routes per City of Gillette:
• 6th Street from Burma Avenue to Gillette Avenue
• 4th Street from 4-J Road to Gurley Avenue
• Gurley Avenue from 12th Street to 4th Street
• 4-J Road from 2nd Street to 8th Street
• Brookes Avenue from 2nd Street to Warlow Drive
• 9th Street from Butler Spaeth to Highway 59
• Foothills Blvd. from Highway 14-16 to Echeta Road
• 7th Street from Highway 59 to 4-J